Life is a series of moments, and a single moment can change everything.
A string of subliminals had been gathering attention long before Drake sent for Pusha T in the Duppy freestyle, but in a weird twist things escalated fast.
A timeline of events sparked by Kanye West’s return to Twitter lead to soap opera like revelations, a press run for J. Prince’s new book, and a UK platform being positioned on the world stage.
• Kanye West had followers transfixed with a barrage of tweets, controversial interviews, and outrageous statements as he made plans to release five albums on his G.O.O.D Music label.
• Pusha T drops Daytona, the first album in the G.O.O.D Music campaign.
• Drake holds record for highest number of hit songs making him the most successful rapper of all time.
• Pusha T’s mention of Drake ghost writing rumours on Daytona catches the attention of listeners everywhere. The rumours were previously mentioned by Meek Mill, but on this occasion Pusha T was becoming part of a much wider conversation.
• Drake’s reply in the Duppy Freestyle jabs at Kanye West and puts attention on Pusha T’s new album, which was also being spoken about for making a controversial photo of Whitney Houston’s drug den the album cover.
• Pusha T claps back with The Story of Adidon when his fiance is mentioned in Duppy, this time attracting mainstream attention for exposing Drake’s personal life and hitting out at his loved ones. Cover art was becoming a theme and a picture of Drake in blackface was used as the artwork for the freesyle which was recorded over The Story of OJ instrumental.
Read the full article on thelinkup